Lamb with Honey,Apple and Chive Glaze
Easy oven bakes supper of lamb chops, parsnips and onions with an apple and chive glaze, from oven to table in less than an hour.
- 8 lean lamb cutlets or chops
- 300ml/½pint cloudy apple juice
- 60ml/4tbsp prepared apple sauce or similar
- 30ml/2tbsp set honey
- 450g/1lb medium-sized parsnips, peeled and cut in half
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 45ml/3tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Place the apple juice into a pan and add the prepared apple sauce and honey, bring to the boil, simmer for 7-10 minutes until reduced to 100ml/3½floz. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C,400°F.
- Place the parsnips into a large non-stick roasting pan and add the onions. Drizzle over the olive oil.
- Season the lamb and add to the vegetables. Mix together the chives and apple glaze and brush over the chops or cutlets. Bake for 35-45 minutes, turning once and basting with any remaining glaze.
- Serve with chops with the roasted parsnips, onions, any remaining glaze and a fresh green salad.