Lamb with Spiced Lentils
This dish is perfect for any special occasion when you're short of time but you really want to impress.
- 4 boneless lamb leg or lamb rump steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin or garam masala
- 1 x 400g can green or brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g can cherry or chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and cook the onions with the cumin or garam masala for 2-3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the lentils and tomatoes. Season and simmer gently for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir through the herbs.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick griddle pan, season the steaks, rub with the remaining oil and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Arrange the lamb slices on top of the lentil mix, spoon any remaining meat juices from the pan over the lamb and serve.