Maple Glazed Beef Thin Cut Tacos
Try these Mexican-style tacos made with thin cut beef strips dusted in cayenne and served in taco shells with an avocado and beetroot salsa.
- 350g thin cut beef steaks
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or runny honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- For the Avocado and Beetroot Salsa:
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, stoned, peeled and diced
- ½ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 small, cooked baby beetroots, peeled and finely diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 large handfuls fresh watercress leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 8 regular Taco trays or shells, warmed
- Sour cream or low-fat crème fraiche or Greek yogurt, to serve
- To prepare the marinade; in a small bowl mix the cayenne pepper, maple syrup or honey, seasoning and oil.
- Brush the steaks with the cayenne mixture on both sides.
- To prepare the avocado and beetroot salsa; in a small bowl mix all the salsa ingredients together (except the sour cream, low-fat crème fraiche or Greek yogurt). Season. Spoon the salsa into the taco trays or shells.
- Cook the steaks in a preheated non-stick griddle pan on under a preheated moderate grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cut into strips and position on top of the salsa.
- Serve the beef tacos with the sour cream or crème fraîche.