Spiced Beef and Chilli Blinis
These spiced beef and chilli blinis with beef steaks are perfect for celebratory informal gatherings.
- 675g lean sirloin or rump steak
- 2 tablespoons paprika powder
- 2 teaspoons mild chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 x 162g packs prepared blinis (available at all good supermarkets in the chiller section)
- 2 tablespoons prepared tomato chutney
- 2 tablespoons prepared guacamole
- Extra paprika powder
- In a small bowl, combine the spice ingredients and the olive oil together.
- Place the steaks on a chopping board and brush the spice mixture over both sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- Transfer the steaks to a grill pan and cook under a moderate preheated grill according to your preference. Alternatively, cook the steaks in a hot griddle pan.
- Meanwhile warm the blinis in an oven according to the packet instructions then spread evenly with the tomato chutney.
- Cut the steak into small strips, arrange evenly over the blinis and top with a little guacamole then garnish with the extra paprika powder.
- Serve as party nibbles or starters.