Steak and Parma Ham Skewers with Sage
Beef rump or sirloin steak cubes marinated with fresh herbs, olive oil and seasoning then skewered with mushrooms, parma ham and foccacia bread and cooked on the BBQ or in the oven.
- 4 thick lean rump or sirloin steaks, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- Small handful freshly chopped sage and parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small focaccia bread, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 10-12 fresh bay leaves
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 10-12 whole baby button mushrooms or cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices Parma ham or streaky bacon, rolled and cut in half lengthwise, optional
- Preheat the oven to 220°C,200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7.
- In a large bowl mix together the beef, seasoning, sage, parsley and olive oil. Toss gently.
- Thread the beef with the remaining ingredients on to 6 metal or wooden skewers.
- Place in a large roasting tin and roast in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Alternatively, place the skewers on a foil-lined prepared barbecue and cook for 12-16 minutes turning occasionally.
- Serve the skewers with a crisp green salad.