Steak and Parma Ham Skewers with Sage
Eat Serve the skewers with a crisp green salad. Tip: For extra speed prepare the skewers 24 hours in advance, cover and store in the refrigerator until required
- 4 thick lean rump or sirloin steaks, cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Small handful freshly chopped sage and parsley leaves
- 30ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small focaccia bread, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 10-12 fresh bay leaves
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 10-12 whole baby button mushrooms or cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices Parma ham or streaky bacon, rolled and cut in half lengthwise, optional
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 7, 220°C, 425°F.
- In a large bowl mix together the beef, seasoning, sage, parsley and olive oil. Toss gently.
- Thread the beef with the remaining ingredients on to 6 metal or wooden skewers
- Place in a large roasting tin and roast in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Alternatively, place the skewers on a foil-lined prepared barbecue and cook for 12-16 minutes turning occasionally.
- Serve the skewers with a crisp green salad.