Steak and Sun-dried Tomato Cocktails with Basil and Greek Yogurt Dip
Serve on a bed of salad leaves with the dip.
- 4 x lean thin cut sirloin steaks, trimmed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp dried oregano or thyme
- 15ml/1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 30ml/2tbsp sunflower oil
For the sun-dried tomato butter
- :50g/2oz unsalted butter, softened
- 10ml/2tsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 sun-dried tomato in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 5-10ml/1-2tsp garlic purée
For the basil and greek yogurt dip
- :60ml/4tbsp freshly chopped basil leaves
- 1 x 200g thick Greek yogurt or half fat crème fraîche
- Salad leaves, to garnish
- In a small shallow bowl mix together the salt and pepper, dried herbs and vinegar. Place the steaks in the marinade. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the sun-dried tomato butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the steaks on a chopping board and spread 15ml/1tbsp of the butter over two steaks and top with the remaining steaks to form a sandwich. Cut into 2.5cm/1inch squares and thread on to 20 small cocktail sticks.
- Prepare the basil and Greek yogurt dip; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together, cover and chill in the refrigerator until required.
- Heat the oil in a shallow non-stick frying pan and cook the cocktails on the skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a bed of salad leaves with the dip.