Steaks with Horseradish and Peppercorn Sauce
Quick pan-fried supper. Sirloin, rib eye or rump steaks coated in crushed peppercorns with a quick crème fraiche and horseradish sauce.
Based on a 2cm thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 2 lean sirloin, rib-eye or rump steaks
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 4 tablespoons half fat crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- Heat the oil in a griddle pan until hot. Meanwhile, mix the peppercorns with the salt and use to coat the steaks on both sides.
- Cook the steaks to the preferred cooking time. In a small bowl mix together the crème fraîche and horseradish sauce. Add to the pan with the steaks and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with chive mash and seasonal vegetables.