Tandoori Spiced Beef Kebabs
Classic, flavoursome healthy tandoori beef kebabs made with a home-made tandoori spice mix.
- 500g beef steaks, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 200ml natural low-fat yogurt or fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin or jeera seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek or methi leaves, crushed
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chopped cucumber, mint and red onion salad, to serve
- Wholemeal chapattis or pitta bread, to serve
- Fresh lime wedges, to serve
- Put the beef cubes in a large bowl. Add the yogurt, spices, garlic, ginger and lime juice to the beef, season and mix well so that the meat is well coated. Preheat the grill to a moderate heat.
- Thread the beef onto 4-6 metal or wooden (soaked in water for 20 minutes) skewers and cook under for 12-16 minutes, turning once.
- Serve on top of warm wholemeal chapatti or naan bread, with a side salad and lime wedges.