Warm Lamb and Noodle Salad
A warm light salad with oriental flavours combined with strips of lamb leg or rump steaks makes a great supper dish.
- 4 lean lamb leg or rump steaks
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons plum or damson jam, softened with a little hot water
- 300g cooked egg or rice noodles, to serve
For the Salad:
- 1 x 100g bag mixed salad leaves
- 175g fresh radishes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place the steaks on a chopping board and season on both sides with the salt, pepper and Chinese five-spice powder.
- Place the salad ingredients into a large bowl, season and drizzle with the olive oil. In a small bowl mix together the sweet chilli sauce and plum or damson jam.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick wok or frying pan. Add the lamb and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side until cooked. Halfway through cooking add the sesame seeds. Remove the lamb from the pan, transfer to a plate to rest for 2-3 minutes then slice into strips.
- Arrange the warmd noodles on a serving plate and add the salad, then arrange the lamb on top. Spoon over the sweet chilli dressing and serve immediately.