Lamb Cutlets with Anchovy and Sun-Dried Tomato Butter
A quick mid week supper dish using lamb chops grilled our barbecued with a homemade anchovy and sun dried tomato butter.
- 8 lean lamb cutlets or 4 loin chops
For the Sun Dried Tomato Butter:
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ x 50g can anchovies, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 25g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 25g pinenuts, toasted
- ¼ teaspoon mild chilli powder
- To prepare the butter; place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until blended. Put the mixture on a large piece of cling film or foil and mould into a sausage shape. Chill until required.
- Season the cutlets or chops and cook under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes. Turn over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Top each of the cutlets or chops with a disc of the butter. Return to the grill and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread, any meat juices from the pan and the griddled asparagus with shaved Parmesan.