Spicy Beef Flatbreads
A spicy combination of marinated beef strips combined with yogurt, fresh coriander, onion, tomatoes and cooked rice, nestled on top of warm flatbreads or tortillas.
- 400g lean topside beef steaks, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green or red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons prepared tikka paste
- 6 tablespoons natural low-fat yogurt
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 small cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 x 250g microwavable wholegrain basmati or wholegrain rice pouch
- 4 flatbreads or tortilla wraps
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Freshly chopped coriander, to garnish
- In a large bowl put the ginger, garlic, chilli, tikka paste, 2 tablespoons of yogurt and half the coriander. Add the beef, season, stir gently to combine, cover and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the remaining coriander, yogurt and half the lime juice.
- In a separate small bowl mix together the onion and tomatoes with the remaining lime juice.
- Cook the rice in the microwave according to the packet instructions and set aside, then warm the flatbreads or tortillas.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan until hot. Stir-fry the beef for 2-3 minutes. Assemble the flatbreads or tortillas with the rice, onion and tomato mix, beef, coriander leaves and a dollop of the yogurt mix. Roll up as required and serve immediately with a side salad.