Warm Beef and Winter Vegetable Salad with Honey and Mustard Dressing
Delicious warm beef salad makes a tasty supper for 4. Sirloin or minute steak with potatoes, parsnips, red onion and spinach tossed in a honey and mustard dressing.
Based on a 2cm thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 450g lean sirloin, thin cut or minute steaks
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and cut into large dice
- 450g waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
- 2 small red onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 100g fresh baby spinach leaves
For the Honey and Mustard Dressing::
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7.
- Place the parsnips, potatoes and onions in a non-stick roasting tin, season and coat in 2 tablespoons of the oil. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Drain excess liquid if required and transfer to a large bowl. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile make the dressing; place all the ingredients in a screw-topped jar and shake well.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick griddle or frying pan. Season the steaks and cook according to your preference. If using minute or flash fry steaks cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Leave to rest on a warm plate for 1-2 minutes then slice diagonally.
- Whilst the vegetables are still warm add the spinach leaves, beef and any meat juices from the plate. Pour over the dressing and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.