Steak with Dried Porcini and Rosemary Paste
Based on a 2cm/¾inch thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 2 lean sirloin, rib-eye or rump steaks
For the dried porcini and rosemary paste
- :10g/¼oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 15ml/1tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 30ml/2tbsp light soy sauce
Place the mushrooms, rosemary, pepper and oil in a blender and whizz together until combined and the mixture forms a paste.
Brush the steaks with the paste on both sides and cook under a preheated moderate grill according to your preference.
Serve the steaks with your favourite accompaniments.