Steak with Dried Porcini and Rosemary Paste
A delicious mid week steak dish. The steak is coated with a dried porcini and rosemary paste that is packed full of flavour and on the table in under 15 minutes.
Based on a 2cm thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 2 lean sirloin, rib-eye or rump steaks
For the dried porcini and rosemary paste:
- 10g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Place the mushrooms, rosemary, pepper and oil in a blender and whizz together until combined and the mixture forms a paste.
- Brush the steaks with the paste on both sides and cook under a preheated moderate grill or prepared BBQ, according to your preference.
- Serve the steaks with your favourite accompaniments.